My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.simpleeatsfood.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Green Monstah

When I first started reading food blogs, one of the ones I stumbled upon that I loved was Oh She Glows.
Angela's story is inspirational, and though I don't ever have any intention of being vegan, she as some great recipes on there. She also started the Green Monster Movement. Her idea to mix spinach, frozen fruit and milk together may not sound appetizing, I decided to be brave and give it a whirl.
Disclaimer: Green Monsters always look unappetizing...my concoction, even more so.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I'll admit, I was nervous drinking this, but to my surprise, it was fantastic! I couldn't even taste the spinach, and I'm sure the peanut butter helped a bit too...

Green Monstahhhh
1 cup soy/almond/cow milk
2 cups fresh spinach
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 frozen banana/other frozen fruit
 (I used strawberries in the above pic)
Blend until smooth...drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment